Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Introducing our March Update

AndrewUFGAndrewUFG Posts: 245Member ✭✭✭✭
edited March 2015 in Game News

There is a huge list of fixes gone into our March Update but we'd like to talk about a few areas where we put particular focus, following all the feedback we saw on the forums.

One of the areas for significant change was the Tutorial (aka First-Time Player Experience/FTPE). We reviewed a lot of data to see how people were playing the FTPE. We reduced the number of enemies in the flow to allow people to take a bit more time to learn the controls. We also changed the Favors which people receive during the flow so now everyone will receive a free Combat Pack (including a weapon) and a free Production Pack (which includes a free Racket Boss).

Matchmaking has received a significant change in that we no longer create matches based on a gamer's Safehouse level and now use Face to match people together. We have seen a lot of reports where people with 500,000 Face would be matched against people with 20,000 so we reviewed this to make the fights far more rewarding at a higher Face level.
There has been a LOT of work done to fine-tune the difficulty from cutting the number of enemies in a Raid to changing weapons distribution and range in those same Raids. Here are some of the changes we made to affect Difficulty:

• The Meat Cleaver is the first weapon unlocked. Guns are unlocked shortly afterwards
  • Raid timers are more forgiving early in the game and more punishing late in the game
  • Reversal QTE times are more forgiving
  • Early raids have fewer enemies per racket which makes them quicker and more easy
  • New gameplay hints and tips from Uncle David
  • High level raid timers are now shorter
  • Weapons carry more default ammo
  • Shield times have been extended
  • Melee weapons last longer

We've reworked the Favor packs to make them more rewarding. We've introduced a new Favor pack called the Ultra Battle Pack following all the requests we saw for this online. We've added more Rare Favors into the pack and lowered some of the pack prices. When you trade in Favors they now offer more Gold in return.

During Raids we added a system where enemy combatants would drop free favors once you've taken them out. We've fixed the issue where the Raid countdown kept running during the cut-scenes; the counter now pauses and no time is lost.

So what happens next?

We'll be taking the servers down on Thursday (we don't have an exact time yet) to update them with the new content. This should only take a few hours - once the servers are live again we will update on Facebook and Twitter. You will then be able to login and start the patching process. The file isn't huge, probably around 600MB so it shouldn't take long to update if you already have the game installed.

Watch us demo the March Update on our next Twitch Stream

We will be hosting a March Update special in our next Twitch stream so join me, James and Steve when we'll talk in detail about all the major changes and take your questions. March 26th at 2pm PST / 9pm GMT.

Post edited by UFG_Justin on

Comments

• MostStealthMostStealth Posts: 6Member

Thanks, can't wait :)

• EvossaNEvossaN Posts: 77Member

Wait, so @AndrewUFG‌ This means we will lose our 9mm?

• maxzigermaxziger Posts: 9Member

@AndrewUFG said:
    There is a huge list of fixes gone into our March Update but we'd like to talk about a few areas where we put particular focus, following all the feedback we saw on the forums.

One of the areas for significant change was the Tutorial (aka First-Time Player Experience/FTPE). We reviewed a lot of data to see how people were playing the FTPE. We reduced the number of enemies in the flow to allow people to take a bit more time to learn the controls. We also changed the Favors which people receive during the flow so now everyone will receive a free Combat Pack (including a weapon) and a free Production Pack (which includes a free Racket Boss).

Matchmaking has received a significant change in that we no longer create matches based on a gamer's Safehouse level and now use Face to match people together. We have seen a lot of reports where people with 500,000 Face would be matched against people with 20,000 so we reviewed this to make the fights far more rewarding at a higher Face level.
    There has been a LOT of work done to fine-tune the difficulty from cutting the number of enemies in a Raid to changing weapons distribution and range in those same Raids. Here are some of the changes we made to affect Difficulty:

• The Meat Cleaver is the first weapon unlocked. Guns are unlocked shortly afterwards
    • Raid timers are more forgiving early in the game and more punishing late in the game
    • Reversal QTE times are more forgiving
    • Early raids have fewer enemies per racket which makes them quicker and more easy
    • New gameplay hints and tips from Uncle David
    • High level raid timers are now shorter
    • Weapons carry more default ammo
    • Shield times have been extended
    • Melee weapons last longer

We've reworked the Favor packs to make them more rewarding. We've introduced a new Favor pack called the Ultra Battle Pack following all the requests we saw for this online. We've added more Rare Favors into the pack and lowered some of the pack prices. When you trade in Favors they now offer more Gold in return.

During Raids we added a system where enemies combatants would drop free favors once you've taken them out. We've fixed the issue where the Raid countdown kept running during the cut-scenes; the counter now pauses and no time is lost.

So what happens next?

We'll be taking the servers down on Thursday (we don't have an exact time yet) to update them with the new content. This should only take a few hours - once the servers are live again we will update on Facebook and Twitter. You will then be able to login and start the patching process. The file isn't huge, probably around 600MB so shouldn't take look long to update if you already have the game installed.

Watch us demo the March Update on our next Twitch Stream

We will be hosting a March Update special in our next Twitch stream so join me, James and Steve when we'll talk in detail about all the major changes and take your questions. March 26th at 2pm PST / 9pm GMT.

So u will give the new unlocked weapons to the already people playing?

what about some coop stuff, at least is begin thinking about it?

• TakoHanzoTakoHanzo Posts: 194Member ✭✭✭

Booyah!!!!

• hundredeirhundredeir Posts: 8Member

Is the launcher fixed. Does it now takes low or no resources

• AhltaiAhltai Posts: 1Member

Do we still get to keep our previous items from our favors?

• AndrewUFGAndrewUFG Posts: 245Member ✭✭✭✭

Hi Guys! Thanks for all the questions. We're just busy with the update right now, but I'll be back soon to answer them all for you. :)

• xWeiShenxWeiShen Posts: 12Member
    edited March 2015

yeah!!! woo this update is awesome!
    I was just about to give up on this game this morning... THANK YOU!
    the melee weapon buff is great, shortening higher level raids is excellent and the match making fix.. that's just HEAVENLY!

wish I had not spent money and gold in the last few days and saved it tho xD

edit: any chance of an extra gold bonus or some sort of discount/sale? hahaha sorry!

• Sour12Sour12 Posts: 5Member

@AndrewUFG said:
    Hi Guys! Thanks for all the questions. We're just busy with the update right now, but I'll be back soon to answer them all for you. :)

one of the main problems is artificial intelligence, very easy to approach the enemy he does not attack me I shoot 1 time in the head to kill the next one,or use a different tactic of passing I go to the location and go to the border zone all enemies run after me and stopped and I just shoot them all in 5 seconds =) in the end, the timer basically I don't pay attention because with the gun I walk the difficulty level of the enemy for 5-11 minutes =) Russian style game =)

• RouokoRouoko Posts: 3Member

Do you fix immortal guy on bike? Or invisible cars?